Delight Springs

Thursday, August 13, 2026

Following the moon, walking the path

Drove S to her PT session in Green Hills the other morning and, while waiting, decided to replicate my own post-surgical PT routine of five summers ago when I'd reward myself after every session by wandering over to Parnassus Books and the Donut Den. 

Glad I did, the apple fritter and the chocolate-covered creme-filled continue to delight; and I discovered an "adult fable" in the philosophy section that reminded me a lot of Freddie the Leaf.



I used to read Freddie to our girls, probably before they were quite ready to contemplate their mortality. As my last academic year approaches, the time is ripe for pondering my own... not in a morbid mood, but because I intend to enjoy the undiscovered country called Retirement starting in May '27. 

That little pup Amaya is Freddie's counterpart, the Wolf stands in for the wise old leaf who counsels Freddie to embrace every season of life. The path ahead may be a bit hazy, but let's go. [S'stack]



 

No comments:

Post a Comment