Delight Springs

Saturday, May 22, 2021

"A morning star"

 Seriously contemplating an indelible iteration of this image, on the canvas of an appendage. 

image.png 

It'd be best to "let it alone," maybe. Henry'd probably say so. 

But sometimes an impulsive act just feels like the life-affirming thing to do. Henry's sun has set anyway.

How long can you contemplate a thing, though, before it loses the quality of impulse? 'Til Tuesday?

image.png 

The light which puts out our eyes is darkness to us. 

Only that day dawns to which we are awake. 

There is more day to dawn. 

The sun is but a morning star.


Postscript, Wednesday May 26. Went to see a tattoo artist yesterday, and talked to another. It's definitely going to happen, I'm going to wear at least a part of my identity just below my sleeve. I shall join the legion of ink-stained wretrches. Or so I feel today. 

2 comments: