Delight Springs

Monday, May 4, 2015

Grading in the cloud

My final report grading this year has gone paperless, practically, and early results are very good.

Instead of the traditional daunting, demoralizing stack of printed papers destined to be abandoned and forever forgotten by their student authors, I face a rolling series of blog post installment waves from my co-philosophers. What's lost in scholarship (if anything, frankly) is more than replaced in interest, visual appeal, and collaborative possibility (a possibility I may have to actualize, in the future, by making student comments on one another's work mandatory and not simply-but-repeatedly requested).

It still takes lots of time, cloud-grading, but feels less like a trudge and more like idea-surfing. I'm diving in. No excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment