Delight Springs

Friday, August 5, 2022

Vince Gill

What pandemic?

We went out last night for Vince Gill's show at the Ryman. I'm grateful to my brother-in-law for surrendering the ticket my wife intended for him. While (as a fellow Nashvillian) I appreciate Vince I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to see his show. And that would have been my mistake. He performed the first 3+ hour concert I've attended since, probably, Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band at Opryland back in the '80s.

Highlights for me included a new song about the fabled local dive Brown's Diner, where I took my groomsmen the night before our nuptials back in '93. It's under new ownership, but they promise not to change a thing. That appeals to the slim part of me I call conservative. That's Americana.


The tribute to Merle Haggard and Buck Owens was great too. 

And the pre-concert live music across the street at the giant food court wasn't bad either. (Likewise my chickpea masala & Kingfisher.)

It's good to get out amongst the crowd. We've done that a few times over the past couple of years, but previously with masks and trepidation. Saw one mask all night, and it wasn't mine. After my fourth jab last Saturday we're throwing excessive caution to the winds. Hope we can continue to do that when the Fall semester starts in a little over two weeks, and the next time we visit Brown's.


No comments:

Post a Comment