Delight Springs

Thursday, June 1, 2023

24!

 Younger Daughter is 24 today. That's a hard one to grasp. 

  

I don't think I know anyone with a bigger heart, or greater generosity of spirit. She brought us donuts, on her birthday. Not just any donuts, but the ones I got hooked on back when I was doing recuperative PT next door to the donut den. That's who she is, a bringer of sweetness and light wherever she goes (with or withot baked goods).

On our recent drive to St. Louis her mom and I listened to a podcast in which women older and "wiser than me" were asked what advice they'd give their 20-something selves. The consistent answer: don't stress about the unknown future. Don't waste a moment of the present, it is so incredibly quickly past.

That's real wisdom. 

So is: eat your donut when it comes to you.

And if you're worried about the nutritional hit, remember: solvitur ambulando.



No comments:

Post a Comment