Delight Springs

Monday, January 8, 2024

Honorably peripatetic

I'm pleased to see, in our Honors College's recently-posted building tour, a brief spotlight on room 218.


I've never taught in that classroom before, but all three of my CoPhi classes this semester (starting next week) are slated for there. 

What especially pleases me is the open floor arrangement. Lots of room for a peripatetic philosopher to ramble in, and encourage students to want to get up out of their chairs and join him - just as soon as the weather outside is no longer frightful. I'll encourage them to dress appropriately for the season and wear comfortable shoes.

 

Calvin, and every student who's ever told me they suffer "social anxiety," just need to reflect on what Eleanor Roosevelt said: 

“You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment